What We Do
Our team of highly focused and skilled construction lawyers are equipped to provide support across the duration of a project’s lifecycle. We have the specialist knowledge to address issues as they arise, regardless of a project’s status, developed through extensive experience working within the industry.
Our team’s experience ensures a comprehensive understanding of the intricate risks and knowledge required to support and advise on construction projects. We can provide support with respect to commercial and legal matters on projects to ensure the delivery of pragmatic solutions, which leverage innovation and efficiency, to ensure project success.
Our front-end team is well versed in contracting methods and regularly advises on a range of bespoke and traditional contracting models including EPC, EPCM, ECI, PPP and alliance contracts. This experience ensures contracting processes can be tailored to suit the specific requirements of the project, to deliver the optimal outcome for our client.
Further, our back-end team have the capabilities to deploy resources to project sites and work collaboratively with client personnel to provide holistic advice across a project’s duration. We can similarly provide resources wherever and whenever required, who can efficiently develop solutions and address matters as they arise.
Our team’s experience in dispute management and handling, security of payment legislation, contract administration and training, and dispute resolution processes ensure clients received informed and comprehensive advice to achieve their optimal outcome.
Our team is highly competent in process from procurement support through to project completion, with an ability to work collaboratively with procurement, project, and commercial teams to understand objectives and tailor solutions to their requirements.
Our Service Offerings
- An integrated full-service team with the specialist knowledge to advise on all aspects of the construction process, from feasibility study through to operation, administration, maintenance and dispute management.
- High quality and commercially focussed advice from market leading practitioners who have complex construction experience of the risks involved and how to manage them in a timely, cost-effective manner.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the Security of Payment legislation, our team is at the forefront of both legislative regimes and court decisions affecting all Australian jurisdictions.
Our team has worked on national and international construction projects, coordinating all project delivery partners, and providing pragmatic advice, both onsite and remotely. We work with standard-form and bespoke contracts across all sectors, including major mining, infrastructure and government projects.
With an extensive professional network within the building and construction industry, our team of highly experienced professional staff have worked on a number of high-profile construction projects.
Lamont Project and Construction Lawyers represents major clients in all sectors of the building and construction industry throughout Australia and the Asia-Pacific region, including:
- Principals (both Public and Private sectors)
- Asset Operators
- Government Agencies
Our construction experience include:
- Howard Smith Wharves, Brisbane, Australia.
- Gas processing facility at Eurombah Creek, Australia.
- Government-owned sewerage treatment plants, Queensland, Australia.
- Luxury apartment developments, throughout Australia.
- 540km export pipeline delivery, Queensland, Australia.
- The LNG facilities located on Curtis Island, Queensland, Australia.
- Offshore immigration processing centres, Asia-Pacific Region.