What We Do
Our team is well versed in all dispute resolution processes and highly experienced in resolving complex litigious matters across all industries and sectors. Our team’s experience allows for the delivery of commercial, pragmatic, and strategic solutions which are designed specifically to address client requirements.
Our team is highly experienced in dispute resolution processes including litigation, arbitration, expert determination, adjudication, mediation, conciliation, case appraisal, dispute avoidance/adjudication boards, and ad hoc processes developed specifically to facilitate optimal outcomes for our clients. We have established systems and supporting resources which allow for our team to effectively manage disputes in a streamlined and cost-efficient manner.
Our comprehensive understanding of high-risk and complex construction disputes underpins our team’s market-leading support to clients. We can tailor resource deployment to those with expertise and experience in matters at the heart of a dispute, to deliver successful outcomes to our clients.
Our Service Offerings
Our specialist dispute resolution team advises on litigious matters across all commercial industries, delivering pragmatic and strategic advice to any kind of dispute. We advise and act for a broad range of industries including major projects, construction, energy and resources, insurance, renewables, oil and gas, and government.
While our team has a strong focus on finding effective resolutions for both parties to preserve business relationships, when litigation is unavoidable, our litigators are strategic, responsive and technically excellent.
With experience in complex litigious matters, we bring a comprehensive understanding of issues to ensure clients are placed in the best position for success.
We act on matters between local and international parties, across multiple jurisdictions. Our team is highly experienced in dispute management and resolution. Our litigators are supported by sophisticated infrastructure that streamlines the management of a dispute and ensures every task is completed effectively and in a cost-effective manner for our clients.
We have successfully acted in and advised on some of Australia’s largest arbitrations and litigation. Our team have acted in all Superior Courts and Tribunals.
We have extensive experience in:
- Binding and Non-Binding Dispute Resolution
- Executive Negotiation
- Expert Appraisal Analysis
- Expert Determination
Our litigation experience includes:
- Acted on behalf of QGC in Queensland's largest adjudication award (at that time) between McConnell Dowell Constructors (Aust) Pty Ltd and Anor -v- QCLNG Pipeline Pty Ltd (2011) (reported award).
- Acted in the Supreme Court in relation to a disputed BCIPA award. This was successfully overturned in QCLNG Pipeline Pty Ltd -v- McConnell Dowell Constructors (Aust) Pty Ltd and Anor  QSC 292 (reported decision).
- Acted on behalf of Downer in the Supreme Court of New South Wales in respect of a truck fire at Wambo Coal Mine (resolved at mediation) in Downer EDI Mining Pty Ltd – ats- Wambo Coal Pty Ltd & Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd proceedings numbered 388542 of 2012.
- Acted on behalf of a Property Developer in the Supreme Court of Queensland in respect of breaches of a design and construction contract by the Contractor in Bulkbuild Pty Ltd v Fortuna Well Pty Ltd & Ors  QSC 173 (reported decision).
- Acted in an adjudication decision between Abigroup Golding and Wiggins Island Coal Expert Terminal Pty Ltd (WICET).
- Utility Services Company (Government-owned) – litigious support for matters in relation to subterranean infrastructure.
- Acted on Dispute Avoidance Board processes against State Government Departments.